Members' Bill of Rights
1. You have the right to be respected by other guild members, regardless of rank.
- No one in the Aerie has the right to bring you down or make you feel less than you are, regardless of who they are themselves. Members of the leadership team are guild members, as well, and are not exempt from the rules. This is exemplified by the Respect clause of the rules, as we all want to be respected and should respect you in kind.
2. You have the right to be heard.
- When you ask a question, you have the right to an answer. When you log into game, you should feel welcomed. When you ask for input or for a party for an activity, you should feel heard by other members.
3. You have the right to the benefit of the doubt.
- You have the right for your statements and opinions to be taken at face value, without assuming you have an agenda or ulterior motive.
4. You have the right to question without fear of reprisal.
- This is a community. While leadership has the final say in all matters, that doesn’t mean the membership has to remain quiet. If you feel someone has wronged you, be they on the leadership team, a kinsman, or a wanderer, you have the right to open lines of communication between yourself and the other party.
5. You have the right to privacy.
- You are not expected to reveal any personal information about yourself that you are uncomfortable revealing. Everyone has the right to separate their out-of-game life from their in-game life.
6. You have the right to be yourself.
- Being unable to act as you would normally act causes undue stress, anxiety, and other issues that can affect how much fun you have in game. As long as you aren’t violating the rules or bothering someone, you have the freedom to act as you wish.
7. You have the right to have fun in the activities you choose to participate in.
- You are not a machine, and no one should expect you to routinely participate in activities that you do not find entertaining. You have the right to spend your time in activities that you find fun and interesting while in the Aerie; we encourage you to do a number of things while with the guild, but ultimately, fun is the goal.