1. Be respectful to others. Blatant disrespect will not be tolerated.
- Treat others the way with the same respect with which you’d like to be treated. Do not intentionally bring others down or hurt others. These are your colleagues, and thus should be treated accordingly.
- Respond in chat channels. Welcome players when they arrive and say bye when they leave. When a question is asked in chat, try to answer it, even if it’s with a negative. The excuse of, “someone else will get to answering them,” does not fly here, and wouldn’t you like your questions answered, your requests fulfilled?
- Try to group with others or otherwise help fellow members, especially those who are new to the guild or who you haven’t grouped with before. By doing so, you contribute to the overall welcoming environment we strive for at the Aerie.
2. Know that “real life” comes first.
- We as a guild understand that school, work, and your family always come before the guild or game time. All we ask is that you let us know what’s going on and we’ll work around what’s going on.
3. You must be an active member to remain in the guild.
- We want you to wear your guild with pride. Therefore, we ask for at least 50% Representation over the course of your journey with us. It is also expected that, when doing activities with our guild including, but not limited to, dungeon runs, SPvP matches, WvW runs, RP events, etc., that you represent the Aerie.
- When representing the Aerie, you will put forth your best with anyone outside the guild. We do not tolerate trolling, disrespecting or otherwise harassing others.
- Guild events are not mandatory, but some partnership with individuals is expected, regardless of whether it is in PvE, PvP, or RP contexts.
- Guild Chat:
- Our primary means of communication is always online in-game and to be used as a part of every event. The forums are our primary means of notifications, announcements, and event planning.
- If someone needs help with an activity and you are reasonably free and able to help (not already involved in an activity yourself, not busy with something outside of game, etc.), you are expected to render some sort of reasonable aid. Examples of situations where one may be in need: if someone needs materials in Orr for a piece of equipment and wants to go run around farming that material; if a group needs a last person for a dungeon and you have the time to do the run; the SPvP team has an opening for a night and you enjoy PvP.
- Extended absences should be reported (preferably beforehand, if possible) in the Leave of Absence thread on the guild forums. If you know you will be absent from an event that you were scheduled to attend, it is also your responsibility to let the person running the event know that you will be absent to they can prepare accordingly. An extended absence from the guild for a period of 1 month without notice will result in the individual being removed from the guild; they may rejoin the guild when they return without going through the trial period.
- If you’re stepping away from game, we ask you tell your fellows that you’re doing so out of courtesy. If you anticipate not being able to answer in chat for five minutes or more, or are feeling very anti-social at the moment, switch your status from online to away. This lets others know that you aren’t to be disturbed or are unable to answer during that time. We also ask that, if possible, you let us know in guild chat so your fellows don’t believe you are available when you aren’t. We also ask others to understand if notification simply isn’t possible: children, the elderly, emergencies, etc., all take priority (see Clause #2), no one expects you to willingly die in combat to say hi, and tunnel vision happens; such things can wait until you return or are more available, though we ask you to give us word as soon as is reasonably possible.
- Please be aware that your Online/Away status will not reset when logging in and must be manually changed.
- Excessive Inactivity:
- Understand that this is a community where people rely on one another. We are all expected to aid and interact with each other when possible. Not interacting with the Aerie community in some form for an excessive amount of time (at least two weeks) is grounds for administrative action. Use of the Away feature for a period of two or more weeks without interaction with the guild is grounds for administrative action, as well.
4. You accept certain conditions and the decisions of moderators when using the Guild forums, in-game guild-based chat channels, and Discord server ( in both voice and text chat), on the basis of reducing overall stress and drama.
- Religion and politics are to stay out of guild chat channels. If you wish to have this kind of conversation, private channels are a more appropriate place for such things.
- The leadership has the right to halt conversations and lock threads that violate the rules of the guild.
- The decisions made by leaders and officers are firm. If a decision is appealed by any member, current or sometimes former, it will be reevaluated by a neutral party if available, and talked about with those involved.
- Use of the guild Discord server:
- The Aerie Discord is to only be used by guild members unless prior consent from leadership has been given.
- The use of the Aerie Discord is not required unless you are on a guild team.
- Speaking in voice chat is not required unless you are a leader of a previously mentioned guild team (so you can provide instructions to your team).
- The Aerie Discord is always open for socialization but will not replace Guild Chat as our primary chat channel.
5. This is a “safe space.”
- The Gryphon’s Aerie is an LGBTAIQ+ safe space. We have a number of individuals who fall into one of these categories. Any disrespect toward individuals, as noted in the “Be Respectful” clause, will NOT be tolerated and is grounds for immediate dismissal from the guild.
6. You must be at least 18 years of age to join.
- No exceptions. Subjects may be brought up or language may be used in guild chat channels or on Discord voice or text channels that are not suitable for minors.
7. All trade is free between guild members.
- Arrangements can be made for high-end items, as we cannot expect others to freely give away legendaries or other costly items.
- If someone is crafting an item for you, try to provide the materials, or as many as you can.
8. You must follow ArenaNet’s EULA to be accepted to and remain in the Aerie.
- The Gryphon’s Aerie does not tolerate or condone hacking, gold-selling, or any other violations of the EULA accepted upon entering the game. It reflects poorly upon the guild and can lead to terrible consequences.
9. Have fun.
- This is a game. If you’re not having fun, why are you playing?